FROM DR ROBERTS
Here we are, already in our last week of term 2! You would have received your child’s semester one report last Friday. If you have any concerns, please contact the classroom teacher. It has been a very challenging term with so many staff ill and many relief staff who have done their very best. Hopefully, next term we will have fewer absences.
What fabulous performances from all our students who created their own dances during Make A Move lessons. The end of term show yesterday afternoon was spectacular as I am sure all parents who were able to attend would agree. A huge thank you to everyone especially to Megan and Mrs Barrett who guided and supported student creativity. Brilliant show!!
Thank you to all families who have completed the online National School Opinion survey. This closes on Friday 1 July. For those who have not yet had a chance to complete the survey, the link is https://www.schoolsurvey.edu.au/s/53SGWtYL and was sent out in the SkoolBag on Monday 13 June. Please complete the survey so you may enter the family raffle which will be drawn during the first week of term 3.
There is an upcoming Premier’s Reading Challenge Festival of words, to be held at Yagan Square during the second week of the July school holidays from Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July. The Festival of words will have lots of interactive, immersive story time sessions, TikTok challenges, zine workshops and a green screen photo booth.
We thank you all for your continued support.
From all of us, we hope you enjoy the holidays with your children. School will start again on Tuesday 19 July for students while staff will start the day before.
Happy and safe holiday everyone!
APPLICATION FOR KINDY ENROLMENT CLOSES JULY 22
Apply to enrol your child/ren at Hawker Park Primary School for the 2023 school year by downloading a copy of the Application Form from our website or alternatively come to the front office of Hawker Park Primary School to collect.
Please make sure that you have applied to enrol your child as soon as you can. Submitting your application promptly will allow us to commence planning of classes for the coming year.
- Kindergarten – must turn 4 by June 30, 2023
- Pre-primary – must turn 5 by June 30, 2023
If you have a neighbour or friend whose child will be turning 4 before 30 June 2023, please remind them to complete an application form before the end of term 2.
Submit your Application Form for enrolment at the school as soon as possible and provide copies of:
- your child’s birth certificate (the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages certificate)
- your child’s Immunisation History Statement (This can be obtained through your My Gov account)
- proof of your current address (e.g. recent accounts for electricity, water and telephone, bank details)
DID YOU KNOW THAT
- Hawker Park Primary Playgroup will be starting again in Term 3 (more information will be posted below)
- Our lovely Chaplain Chevonne gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Liam, on 16 June
- the Hungry Hawker (our canteen) and the Uniform Shop are run by the P&C. Details are on the website under the “P&C” Tab P&C Website Link
- Children on school premise before 8:15am are not supervised
- if your child is away for any reason you can notify the school via SkoolBag or contact the front admin on 9422 2000
- our schools vision is to work together using respect, kindness and manners, to motivate, inspire and prepare all students to become positive, confident learners.
Term 2 – Week 10
• 1 Jul – Student Last Day of Term 2
Term 3 – Term 3 Student Planner
• 18 Jul – Staff Professional Leaning (Students do not attend this day)
• 19 Jul – Students First Day Term 3 (Tuesday)
• 26 Jul – Hawker Primary School Playgroup (anytime between 8:35am – 10:30am in the Hawker Hub)
• 27 Jul – Hawker Headlines
• 29 Jul – Interschool Cross Country at Hawker Park Primary School
• 4 Aug – Assembly Pre Primary (EC1 & EC2)
• 4 Aug – Class singing at Assembly TBA
INTERSCHOOL SPORTS – FRIDAY 24 JUNE (YEAR 5 & 6)
Last week the Yr.5 and Yr.6 netballers went to Dalmain Primary and played their interschool
netball game. It was unfortunate that we lost but we all had lots of fun. Our score was
A team 2 – 20 and B Team 3 -15.
– Isla and Saphira –
Last week the Yr.5 and Yr.6 soccer players went to Dalmain Primary and played their
interschool Soccer game. It was unfortunate that we lost but we all had lots of fun. The
score was A team 0 – 3 and B Team 1 – 7.
– Isla and Saphira –
Last week the Yr.4 and Yr.5 footballers went to Dalmain Primary and played their interschool
football game. It was unfortunate that we lost but we all had lots of fun. Our score was
0 – 34.
– Isla and Saphira –
YOUR MOVE NEWS
Thank you to everyone who responded to our survey regarding your expression of interest for the “The Walking Bus”. More information will be provided in Term 3.
Your Move Champion
The school has just established its own Facebook page found at https://www.facebook.com/HawkerParkPS and we are seeking permission for students to be featured in photographs and videos.
The page will be used to highlight events that have happened at Hawker Park Primary School. At this point it will not be a place to provide regular upcoming information and parents should continue to refer to SkoolBag/Class dojo and our newsletter for reliable information.
We will not be publishing student names on this page.
Please complete the below online form to grant or deny permission for your child to feature on our Facebook page by Friday 1 July.
HAWKER PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL PLAYGROUP
Parents/carers with babies to pre – kindy aged children are invited to a Coffee and Chat session to discuss starting a playgroup at the school. We are looking for families who would be interested in participating in weekly parent run playgroup sessions.
INTERSCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY FRIDAY 29 JULY
Children have been training for the last two weeks for next term’s Interschool Cross Country, which will be held at Hawker Park. A small group of students will be selected for this event in week one next term and information will be sent to those relevant students.
This competition is not to be confused with the School Cross Country which will be held in week 5 Friday 19 August, in which all children participate. The interschool is over longer distances compared to the School’s Cross Country.
- Year 1/2Girls 1000m 4 girls
- Year 1/2Boys 1000m 4 boys
- Year 3/4 Girls 1500m 4 girls
- Year 3/4 Boys 1500m 4 boys
- Year 5/6 Girls 2000m 4 girls
- Year 5/6 Boys 2000m 4 boys
The P&C meeting was held recently and we have a VERY busy Term Three and Four ahead of us. We have a couple of upcoming events that if anyone can spare an hour here or helping out, I am sure Lynlea Denniston would love some assistance with the Colour Run planning (one of the most fun days in our school calendar…for the BIG and little people!) and Bec Valenti would be very open to assistance with the Parents Event (this one is only for the BIG people!).
- We don’t have anyone co-ordinating the school’s 40th birthday event, so if anyone has an idea (big or small) or would like to contribute in any way, please contact me directly.
- We do have some new volunteers to run the Uniform Shop next year – thanks to Bridget Haj and Tash Weiss!
- We have a poll running for whether we retain dresses via the uniform shop so please fill that in
- If anyone has a special talent and would like to donate to the Father’s Day stall, please contact Cassandra O’Sullivan
On a final note, if you can spare anytime to help in the canteen at any stage please do! It is a tough gig and we are really lucky to have this service given many schools our size can’t make this work, especially given the amount of fresh, homemade items we offer. We will need to review pricing in the holidays and will return in Term 3 with that information.
Zig Zags OSHC will be open for the July School Holidays. This will include the School Development Day on Monday 18 July. Located at Greenwood Primary School and open from 6.30am-6pm.
For bookings please call 0421 369 516 or visit www.zigszagsoshc.com.au
Please see our noticeboard outside administration for the following events:
- Zig Zags
- City of Wanneroo School Holidays Program
- Sorrento Football Club – School Holiday Clinic
- The Barn Martial Arts – Winter School Holiday Program
- The Bends – Guitar, Bass & Ukulele Tuition
- Kids Volley