FROM DR ROBERTS
Welcome to Term 4 and the warmer weather. We look forward to many activities this term, including school photos, the Indonesian incursion, the 40th Anniversary, the year 6 camp and more.
Occasionally, we make a comment or statement and assume everyone knows what we are talking about. I would like to clarify such a statement made in the last Hawker Headlines and try to expand on what I meant when I talked about ‘One of our aims this year was to try to focus on our capable students and improve our NAPLAN results in the top 20% in each learning area compared to the national average’. At our school we strive to do our best to cater for all students in all learning areas. Teachers regularly participate in various professional learning to improve their pedagogy and to coordinate this, from year to year, we have different focus areas as a means of always striving for continual improvement. Some years, for example, it may be specifically spelling, writing, maths or Science. Sometimes it maybe mental health or targeting specific learning difficulties. Currently we have been looking at how to extend children within the classroom framework. Although we have focus areas, this does not mean that we ignore other areas because all areas are important and every child is important. If you were a bit confused, I hope the above clarifies my statement.
Please remember that if you wish clarification on anything we do at the school, you are welcome to phone, email or make a time to speak to one of us in the admin team
On the first day of Term 4 we dedicated all day to reviewing data from all our standardised testing undertaken during the year and self-assessment in all learning areas. This included all ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research) testing – Mathematics, English, Science and AGAT (ACER General Ability Test) in each year level from year 2-6 and NAPLAN results in Mathematics and English.
The purpose for the review day is for us to establish where our school’s strengths are and where we need to focus the following year.
For 2023, we are continuing to focus on differentiation to cater for capable students and adding Mathematics.
STUDENTS NOT RETURNING TO HPPS IN 2023
To assist with our current planning for 2023 would you please inform Admin as soon as possible if you know that your child will not be returning to Hawker Park Primary School in the coming year. This does not apply to our current Year 6 students. Please reply to email@example.com
DID YOU KNOW THAT
- it’s Magpie Season. August to November is nesting season for magpies and occasionally male magpies become territorial to protect their young and may swoop if they think the nest or offspring are in danger. If you are swooped by a magpie, stay calm, do not run and avoid looking towards swooping birds.
- parents may leave a message for their children via the front office
- all messaging apps need to be turned off before students bring laptops to school
- the Community Song will be sung by TA1/TA2 at the assembly on the 27 Oct
- all mobile phones must be handed into administration when students arrive at school
- nail polish should not be worn at school
- jewellery should be stud/sleeper earrings and a watch unless specific permission has been given
MSP SCHOOL PHOTOS – GENERAL
Parents just a reminder that the expiry date for online ordering is Monday 25 October 2022. Any orders received after this date will incur a $30.00 archive fee.
Please Note: Individual and Family Photos are not available to view online for Students security
MSP SCHOOL PHOTOS – SPECIALILTY GROUPS
On photo day speciality group images (Percussion, Clarinet, Year 6 School/Faction Captains, Year 6 Muck up Photo) were taken at your school.
These images can be viewed and purchased at a unique website, which is DIFFERENT to where you order the portraits and class photos online.
- To place your Order online simply go to https://mspphotography.shootproof.com/
- Locate the Schools Name, then select the album titled Hawker Park Primary School Specialist Groups – 2022. You will then be required to enter a password to view the Album. The password for this HAWKPS22
- Please ensure that you use your child’s name at the checkout
- The images you are viewing are uncropped and will be cropped to fit to a 10×8 print (as per the first image in your gallery, a sample of layout & colour)
The online orders will be open until midnight on 2/11/2022 – for the Bulk Pricing Offer. The Bulk Pricing Offer is $25 per print and these will be delivered to the school BY CLASS GROUP.
After the $25 pricing expires, the photos will remain available online, but the photos are now at a cost of $40 per image and delivered to a preferred address.
If you have any queries please contact MSP Photography on 9240 8000 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPCOMING EVENTS TERM 4
• 20 Oct – Early Learners, 9am – 10:30am (Kindy 2023 students)
• 20 Oct – Dental Screening, 9am – 11am (Registered PP Students)
• 21 Oct – Indonesian Incursion (PP – Year 6) – More information to follow
• 22 Oct – P&C Parent Night (See P&C Section below)
• 24 Oct – Interschool Carnival (selected Year 1- 6) @ Marangaroo Primary School
• 25 Oct – Landsdale Farm Excursion (EC1/EC2-Pre Primary)
• 27 Oct – Assembly TA3 (Year 3)
• 27 Oct – Early Learners, 9am – 10:30am (Kindy 2023 students)
• 27 Oct – Supporting Conversations (Year 6 Patents) – Hawker hub 4:30pm – 5:30pm
• 1 Nov – Chevronn Parklands Excursion (Kindy)
• 2 Nov – Hawker Headlines
• 3 Nov – Early Learners, 9am – 10:30am (Kindy 2023 students)
• 4 Nov – Hawker Park Primary School – 40th Anniversary Celebrations (2pm – 6pm)
• 9 – 11 Nov – Camp (Year 6)
• 10 Nov – Early Learners, 9am – 10:30am (Kindy 2023 students)
SUPPORTING FAMILY CONVERSATIONS (YR 6 PARENTS) – THURSDAY 27 OCT 4:30PM – 5:30PM
It’s never too late to start talking with your child about staying safer around alcohol or the online environment.
Your child’s attitudes and behaviours are influenced by many things – friends, social media, advertising and cultural expectations around alcohol use. Fortunately, despite these influences, parents remain the single strongest influence on their child’s choices. As a parent you can act now to guide your child’s behaviour and help keep them safe. You can and do make a difference.
“Supporting Family Conversations” is a program and online resource that provides parents with advice and practical tools to assist with commencing and maintaining positive communication with your child around these (and other) difficult topics.
Hawker Park Primary School in conjunction with the Departments Road Safety and Drug Education Branch will be hosting a “Supporting Family Conversations” parent information workshop on:
- Thursday 27 October, 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Please RSVP to admin on 9422 2000 or email email@example.com
HAWKER PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL 40TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION CEREMONY – FRIDAY 4 NOV
Commemorative Ceremony from 2pm to 2:40pm
- Welcome to Country: Emeritus Professor Simon Forrest
- National Anthem
- Speaker 1: Dr Roberts
- Speaker 2: Mr Ryan Webb – ex student
- Speaker 3: Jess Stojkovski – Local MLA
- Whole School Performance
2:50pm – Students return to classes to be dismissed
3pm to 4pm – Classes, Library and other spaces open for general viewing inspection
4pm to 6pm – P&C Family Picnic
5:30pm – Staff and ex staff private function in the Hawker Hub
Food Trucks will be set up in the staff carpark.
- Vendor 1: Burgers, Rice sets, Chips, Skewers, gyozas, Takoyaki, Karage chicken and more….
- Vendor 2: Hot dogs, pies & sausages, sandwich rolls, cheesy bites
- As well as an ice-cream van and coffee van.
Additionally, there will be a Mobile Farm, face painting and other activities/games to enjoy.
On Monday 7 Nov the school will draw the “Treasure Hunt” bike raffle donated by Jessica Stojkovski MLA Kingsley.
TRIPLE P INFORMATION SESSION – FRIDAY 18 NOV
Find out why kids do what they do & what you can do about it.
This free session has been scheduled with our families with young children in mind. This will be a great opportunity for our new Kindy parents to meet each other and other families who have children in the junior school.
Parents attending will have an opportunity to learn about the many Triple P Programs we can run through the school to help parents with the most common issues parents face.
This session will help you: *create a home environment with less conflict *calmly and assertively respond to unproductive behaviour *teach important skills *learn how looking after yourself as a parent helps your child.
If you are interested in attending, please click on the link below to enrol
When: Friday 18 November 2022
Where: Hawker Park Primary School – Hawker Hub
Time: 9am – 11am
COMMUNITY NOTICE BOARD
Please see our noticeboard outside administration for the following events:
- Miniroos Football Program
- Hot Shot Tennis – Here at Hawker Park PS – Instyle Tennis Management
- Mercedes College Enrol Now
- Riverside Swimming Club
- Sorrento Life Saving Club – Membership Day
- Hawker Park PS Playgroup