FROM DR ROBERTS
For those able to attend, I’m sure you will agree that the Pre-primary assembly was truly loveable! What a delight to watch the children’s confidence as they spoke and sang the beautiful song about love and how clever to link love to our values of respect, kindness and manners. Thank you to Mrs Jones and the Pre-primary staff for preparing the students so beautifully.
Science Alive was highly educational and entertaining from what I saw. I am certain your children learned a great deal from this science incursion and I thank Miss Randell for organising it.
We enjoyed attending the cross country despite the wet weather but luckily, no one went home wet. Thank you to all our competitors and staff or organising the day, especially Mr Etheridge.
We are very fortunate again this year to have two student Social Workers who will be working with the class teachers to support the social emotional wellbeing of our students. The student Social Workers will be at the school for the whole of this term and at least two weeks in term four. Their introductory profiles are below. If you do not wish your child to be working with the student Social Workers, please ring the front office and let us know. Thank you.
SCHOOL PROCESSES – COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
Please be aware that, if a child has a suspected case of a communicable disease and parents inform the school, we will continue our normal practise of waiting until the suspected case is confirmed by a medical practitioner before alerting parents.
YOUR LIFE AND EYES (3 MIN READ)
WHATS ON AT HAWKER PARK
- 18 Aug – Puberty Lesson (Year 5 / 6)
- 18 Aug – Relationships Australia PD (6:30pm) – This is now FULL
- 19 Aug – World of Maths Incursion (PP – Year 6) – Note sent home 30 Jul. Money due 17 Aug.
- 20 Aug – Parent Rep Meeting (8:40am with Andrew Etheridge)
- 20 Aug – Cockman House Excursion (TA2 & TA3) – Note sent home 5 Aug. Money and Consent Form due 17 Aug.
- 20 Aug – One Big Voice (Choir students) Note sent home 29 Jul. Money and Consent Form due 17 Aug.
- 23 – 26 Aug – Book Week (Kindy Program) (PP – 6 Program) – sent home Wed 4 Aug.
- 26 Aug – Assembly TA1 & Book Week Parade
- 31 Aug – Faction Carnival – Jumps / Throws and Dist. Running (Year 1 – 6) more information to come
- 2 Sep – Faction Carnival (PP – Year 6) – more information to come
- 6 Sep – Constable Care (K – Year 6) – Timetable is on the Schools Online Calendar – Free Incursion
- 7 Sep – Parent Computer Info Night (Year 3 parents) – more information to come
- 8 Sep – Warwick Senior High School Transition Day (Year 6)
- 8 Sep – SciTech Excursion (TA3 & TA7) – more information to come
- 8 Sep – Hospital Incursion (EC1 – K2) – more information to come
- 8 Sep – Aboriginal History Blanket Journey PD (Parents) 6:30pm – more information to come
- 10 Sep – Assembly Music& Indonesian
- 10 Sep – STEAM Day @ Warwick Snr High School (Year 5) – more information to come
School Calendar 2021 (please scroll down as it is near the bottom on the home page.)
STUDENTS NOT RETURNING TO HPPS IN 2022
To assist with our current planning for 2022 would you please inform the school as soon as possible if you know that your child will not be returning to Hawker Park Primary School in the coming year. This does not apply to our current Year 6 students. Please reply to email@example.com.
OUT OF HOURS CARE SERVICE AT HAWKER PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL
Hawker Park Primary School are very happy with our current OSHC provider who provide a service which is well utilised, and highly valued by the school community however when their license is due for renewal, after a provider has delivered a service for 5 consecutive years, Schools are expected to run an open market expression of interest process for an Out of School Hours Care Provider.
As such we are seeking expressions of interest from licenced providers to deliver an Out of School Hour Care (OSHC) service from the school site, commencing September, 2021.
Link for further information – OSHC EOI
DID YOU KNOW THAT …………….
- we won’t be having a community song sung at our August 26 Assembly as we have our exciting Book Week Parade straight after
- Mrs Keevil runs a Cover to Cover Book Club on Thursdays during 2nd lunch with students in years 3 – 6
- if your child is sick or not attending school, you need to notify the front office on 9422 2000 or via SkoolBag
- Magpie season starts August – November
- lost property is kept outside of TA9 and is looking quite full
- if you are a parent at Hawker Park PS you should have received a password via email to access the Hawker Park Gallery.
LEARNING JOURNEY – FACTION CROSS COUNTRY – MONDAY 9 AUG – MRS BARRETT
Congratulations to all our students who competed in the Cross Country Carnival on Monday afternoon. Despite the weather, each and every one of the children ran their very best to earn points for their faction. Year 1 & 2’s ran 600m and the Year 3 to 6’s ran 1000m. I am very proud of the effort, determination and sportsmanship shown by the children.
- Champion – Allaria
- Runner Up – Sofia
- Champion – Jordan
- Runner Up – Walter
- Champion – Jasmine
- Runner Up – Ava
- Champion – Beau
- Runner up – Levi
- Champion – Tahlia
- Runner Up – Kiara
- Champion – Griffin
- Runner Up – Noah
1st Place – Paterson 499
2nd Place – Lawson 418
3rd Place – Gilmore 337
** Special congratulations to the following children, for being invited to enter into the 2021 Primary Champion Schools Country competition on Thursday 12th of August; Year 3 Boys 2000m: Ezra, Year 4 Boys 2000m: Beau & Levi, Year 4 Girls 2000m: Jasmine, Year 6 Girls 2500m: Tahlia
Term 3 is well underway!
I recently read a wonderful article on Supporting children’s social and emotional well-being, the article focuses on the current effects of COVID 19 and ways of supporting one another.
It’s a great read!
FREE TO A GOOD HOME
Kindy have a cupboard that they no longer need. If you are interested, please speak to Kindy staff or Admin. Free to a good home.
CAN YOU HELP
Mrs Stangoni has started an amazing and very popular Sewing Club but she needs more knitting needles. If you have any that you are willing to donate, please pop them into the front office.
P&C – GENERAL
P&C would like to say thank you to the school for acknowledging the P&C and providing a lovely morning tea for those who could make it
P&C – FUNDRAISERS
Look at what the P&C have happening and coming up!
CONTAINERS FOR CHANGE
Containers for change drop off day – Tuesday 17 August 7:45am – 8:30am in the Car Park at Hawker Park while running club is underway. You don’t even need to get out of your car to drop your eligible containers off, just pop into a parking bay & we’ll come to you! All proceeds go towards supporting our kids at school and the containers will be recycled into useful things rather than becoming landfill.
The P&C are organising melamine plates to be made this year featuring your child’s artwork! Details are below and templates are available at the office and Zig Zags (just be careful not to roll, fold or crush the templates as those marks will show on the finished products…. the exact reason we are not sending home via schoolbags!). If you can’t make it to the school, just let admin know and we’ll help the P&C organise another way to get the templates to you. We can accept images up until the Friday 17th September to ensure the plates are back to parents by Christmas – a great way to tick the grandparents gift off the list!
What a great reason to dress up. Come join the P&C for Casino Night. See the flyer attached for further information.
Please see our noticeboard outside administration for further details on the following community events:
- Carine Cats Softball & Baseball
- Wildflower Society – Open Day
- Book Week Program
- The Grief Centre – Happy Hearts Workshop for Kids
- Wanneroo / Joondalup Tee ball
- School Sport WA – 2021 Youth Carnivals
- Vac Swim