FROM MR ETHERIDGE
School continues to operate well in these challenging times with the fantastic support of the community and with our wonderful students putting in great efforts into their schooling. The years 3 to 6 have adjusted very well to wearing masks inside and this measure should severely reduce the risk of children being identified as a close contact and needing to isolate.
Last week we had our first board meeting for the year by WebEx and it is a pleasure to be working with such a supportive forward thinking group. I’d like to especially thank Loveinder Madahar for his calm stewardship as our Board Chairperson for the last couple of years and congratulate Nicole Arnold who has taken on the role for this year.
The school Board members are;
Parents: Nicole Arnold (Chairperson), Andrew Hadfield, Keely Mundle, Loveinder Madahar, David Peacock, Salvatore Siciliano
Staff: Dr Irma Roberts, Andrew Etheridge, Elizabeth Everall, Tess Jones
Community: Claire Hall (Edith Cowan University) and at our next meeting we will be welcoming Jessica Stojkovski MLA Member for Kingsley.
This week’s assembly will be a WebEx assembly conducted by the year 4’s. The link will be sent via SkoolBag. You can test the link before tomorrows assembly however until tomorrow at 8:25am it will tell you that the meeting hasn’t started.
We are hopeful this goes off without a hitch and ask parents not to call the school if encountering problems. Suggestion is to log on by 8:25 ready for an 8:35 start.
We will continue to have a coffee and chat session on Tuesdays at 8:35am in the Hawker Hub until the end of term to assess the viability of creating a Playgroup in term 2. All parents are welcome with their children from babies to pre kindy age. On hand will be our Chaplain, Chevonne and a representative from Playgroup WA. Please do drop in.
Please see the attached flyer and distribute to friends you know who may be interested.
The school will be closed from midday on Monday 4 April to allow for teacher parent interviews. These will take place via WebEx or phone, your teacher will notify you of this.
Booking information will be made available beginning of week 7. The link will be sent out via SkoolBag.
WHATS ON AT HAWKER PARK
• 9 Mar – Warwick Senior High School – Prospective Parents Online Information Evening 6pm – 7pm (Link sent previously to all year 6 parents)
• 10 Mar – TA5 Assembly via WebEx
• 21 – 27 Mar – Harmony Week
• 21 Mar – Harmon Day – Wear a splash of ORANGE
• 23 Mar – Hawker Headlines
DID YOU KNOW THAT
- Mobiles- All children need to hand in their mobiles to the office for safe keeping at the beginning of the day
- message watches are not to be used during school time
- Dr Roberts returns on 21st March
- children need to ensure their bikes are locked when leaving them at the bike racks
- children are not to drink directly from fountains and should fill up their water bottles instead. Cups are available from the office for those who may forget their bottle
- playgroup coffee and chat sessions 8:35 -10:35 every Tuesday in the Hawker Hub until the end of term
- that to gain access to the schools website gallery requires a password. This password was sent via SkoolBag at the beginning of the year – if you have misplaced it don’t hesitate to contact Admin on 9422 2000
LEARNING ADVENTURE – EC3 KINDY
Learning through play is one of the best ways. The proof is in the pictures.
Kindy have started to attend Bush School. We love exploring the climbing tree, building cubbies and learning about the grass trees that are so common in our surrounding bush.
Please see our noticeboard outside administration for the following events:
- MBA Sports Carnival
- Greenwood Girls Brigade
- Hawker Park Playgroup