FROM MR ETHERIDGE
Last week saw the official opening of Hawker Hub, with the Minister of Education Sue Ellery, MLA for Kingsley Jessica Stojkovski and other invited VIP’s in attendance. Unfortunately, I missed the event due to household close contact and am very grateful to Ms Randell and Mrs Everall for stepping up to oversee proceedings and doing the school proud. I would also like to thank Nicole Arnold, School Chair for speaking at the ceremony on behalf of the school community. For more information about what the minister and Jessica had to say click on the link below.
Next term there are proposed changes to school operating guidelines regarding COVID and I also believe that there may be some community announcements after the Easter break. Children from years 3-6 however will still need to wear masks. With future changes in mind the school is planning for the Make a Move programme to return for PP – Yr6, as well as interschool sport for the upper classes and swimming PP – Yr6 in weeks 7 & 8.
Continuing on with the never ending COVID theme, we have been advised to keep fans on and doors open, even as the days get cooler for ventilation purposes. With this in mind I encourage students just as I have encouraged staff to ensure that they have jumpers and jackets with them at school. Parents are also encouraged to consider vaccinations for eligible aged students over the holidays. Additionally, positive cases that occur during the holidays are not required to be reported to the school.
To sign off on my tenure as Principal I’d like to acknowledge the tremendous support I have received from the entire school staff who have all shown professionalism and a true team spirit by working together through these challenging times. Through their efforts and the positivity and support from the community at large, Hawker Park PS has continued to be an enjoyable and wonderful place for all students.
Hawker Park Primary School wishes everyone a happy and safe Easter and a relaxing and enjoyable school holidays. We look forward to seeing you all back in Term 2.
ANZAC ASSEMBLY – THURSDAY 7 APRIL
Tomorrow the school will conduct a special assembly via WebEx at 8:35am to commemorate Anzac Day. The link has been sent via SkoolBag
ASSEMBLY – THURSDAY 5 MAY
At this stage our next school assembly in week 2 will be delivered by WebEx and we will inform you later regarding future assemblies.
WHATS ON AT HAWKER PARK
• 7 Apr – ANZAC Assembly
• 8 Apr – Easter Raffle drawn
• 8 Apr – Last day of term 1 – Happy Holidays
Term 2 Week 1
• 25 Apr – ANZAC Day Public Holiday
• 26 Apr – Staff Professional Development – Students do not attend this day
•27 Apr – Students first day Term 2
• 2 May – Make a Move (Year 1-4)
• 3 May – Make a Move (PP & Year 6)
• 4 May – Hawker Headlines
• 5 May – Assembly TA1 (via WebEx)
• 9 May – Make a Move (Year 1 – 4)
• 10 May – Make a Move (PP & Year 6)
DID YOU KNOW THAT
- students first day back for Term 2 is Wednesday 27 April
- if your child is a close contact from school – they must isolate outside of school for 7 days after their last contact
- nail polish is for out of school hours
- dogs are not allowed on school property
- students need to wear school uniform jumpers in the winter
- the class teacher should always be the first point of call if you have any concerns regarding your children
- students should be bringing a drink bottle to school every day to fill from drink fountains
- if your child is unwell you can notify the school via SkoolBag or contact the front admin on 9422 2000
APPLICATION FOR ENROLMENT 2023 OPENING TERM 2
Apply to enrol your child/ren at Hawker Park Primary School (K-6) for the 2023 school year by downloading a copy of the Application Form from our website or alternatively come to the front office of Hawker Park Primary School to collect.
Please make sure that you have applied to enrol your child as soon as you can. Submitting your application promptly will allow us to commence planning of classes for the coming year.
- Kindergarten – must turn 4 by June 30, 2023
- Pre-primary – must turn 5 by June 30, 2023
Children currently enrolled in Kindergarten at Hawker Park Primary School need to re-enrol if wishing to continue in Pre-primary at the school in 2023. Application forms for these students will be sent home in due course.
Children currently enrolled at Hawker Park Primary School who have a sibling of Kindy age for 2023 must still apply as this is not automatic. For Kindergarten we have a limit of 20 students per group therefore enrolments are accepted as they are received.
If you have a neighbour or friend whose child will be turning 4 before 30 June 2023, please remind them to complete an application form before the end of term 2.
Submit your Application Form for enrolment at the school as soon as possible and provide copies of:
- your child’s birth certificate (the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages certificate)
- your child’s Immunisation History Statement (This can be obtained through your My Gov account)
- proof of your current address (e.g. recent accounts for electricity, water and telephone, bank details)
LEARNING ADVENTURES – Year 2 / TA2
Well done to TA2 for their amazing news report last Thursday. We hope you learnt lots from our program and got a good insight into what the year 2’s are learning.
This week we have been moving our classroom outside to avoid wearing masks and to make the most of the lovely weather. WE loved working outside in nature. It made us feel calm and relaxed. We would highly recommend for everyone to work outside! It’s loads of fun.
Take a look below to see our set up.
Miss Armstrong and TA2, Year 2.
LIBRARY – MRS KEEVIL
A massive thank you to our P&C for their donation of some lovely books to our library. They have proven to be quite popular.
Welcome to the end of Term 1!
There have been some challenges and difficulties during the term as a school community with some wonderful moments as well, during the term break my hope is that as a community we can have some time to rest and recover and get ready for the next term. There are some great resources on Pinterest for connecting and family time, Maggie Dent does short clips on YouTube with a range of topics.
Wishing you all a wonderful break and a happy Easter.
Take care and stay safe,
Zig Zags OSHC will be open for the April School Holidays. This will include the School Development Day on Tuesday 26 April.
Located at Greenwood Primary School and open from 6.30am-6pm.
For bookings please call 0421 369 516 or visit www.zigszagsoshc.com.au
Please see our noticeboard outside administration for the following events:
- Zig Zag Vacation Care Program
- Get Active Sports
- Sorrento Football Club Girls School Holiday Program
- Lions Club – Fundraising Walk
- WSHS – Free Dance Classes – Year 5 Students